Willingly vs. Unwillingly (2)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For I do this things willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” 1 Corinthians 9v16-17 (KJV)

To be willing could be to be eager, keen, enthusiastic, ready, prepared, agreeable, disposed. Are you eager to serve the Lord? Are you keen to follow Him? Are you enthusiastic about what pleases Him? Are you ready to go where He wants you to go? Are you prepared to follow Him forever? Are you agreeable to His ways or always finding ways to counteract His commands? Are you at His disposal and surrendered totally to Him? You can imagine the opposite of all of these – you are not eager about Him, not keen or dedicated or enthusiastic or prepared to follow Him. Psalm 100v2 (KJV) says “Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing.” Moreoever Isaiah 1v19 (AMP) says “If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;” Some are obedient, but not willing. Psalm 40v8 (KJV) says “I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within my heart.” Now, there might come a point where you want to, but the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, but Jesus there encourages us to watch and pray lest we fall into temptation (Mark 14v38). Even when what you are going to pass through seems tough, for the will of God for our lives might not always be easy, we can learn from the Lord Jesus Who still deferred to the will of the Father that not as I will but as You will (Mark 14v36). The wonderful thing is that we do not have to strive to do things in our own strength. God Himself will give us the desire and the ability to do His will:-

Supplementary Text
Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” Philippians 2v12-13 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word which says You are working in us, giving us the desire and the power to do what pleases You. I surrender to You. I desire to do Your will, help me to serve You with gladness. I want to do Your will, empower me to serve You wholeheartedly in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts