The presence of the Lord


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that our forefathers were all under and protected by the cloud [in which God’s presence went before them], and every one of them passed safely through the [Red] Sea,” 1 Corinthians 10v1 (AMP)

One assurance God usually gives His children, is the assurance of His presence. God’s presence brings joy, gives divine direction, attracts favor, ensures protection, provision and comforts. When Moses asked the Lord that ““You have been telling me, ‘Take these people up to the Promised Land.’ But You haven’t told me whom You will send with me. You have told me, ‘I know you by name, and I look favorably on you.’ If it is true that You look favorably on me, let me know Your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy Your favor. And remember that this nation is Your very own people.” The LORD replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest – everything will be fine for you.” Then Moses said, “If You don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place. How will anyone know that You look favorably on me – on me and on Your people – if You don’t go with us? For Your presence among us sets Your people and me apart from all other people on the earth.” (Exodus 33v12-16, NLT). God’s personal presence with a person makes a world of difference. As believers, we have the Spirit of God living in us and with us, Jesus saying “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you” (John 14v16-17, NIV).

Supplementary Text
“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” Isaiah 41v10 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your presence with me. Thank You for Christ in me the hope of glory. I declare that I am not afraid, because You are with me. I am not discouraged, or dismayed for You are my God. Strengthen me Lord, harden me to difficulties, help me, hold me up and retain me with Your victorious right hand. Let Your presence always be with me my God in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts