Willingly vs. Unwillingly


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For I do this things willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” 1 Corinthians 9v16-17 (KJV)

Paul here is saying God had given him a commission and a trusteeship to preach the gospel. It was a necessity for him to do so. If he was doing it willingly, as an idea he thought of, he might expect some pay out of it, but it is something that was entrusted to him to do. But the question I pose today is how are you serving God – willingly or unwillingly? What is your attitude towards the Lord? Someone close to me told me a story. When she was younger, her mum asked her to do something, and she told her mum that she liked to send people too much (basically her mum liked sending people on errands). And so her mum began to ignore her. Even if she was close to her mum, her mum would rather call someone who was further away to run the errand for her. You can imagine it ended up not being a pleasant experience for her. Imagine if God did that to you. Of David, the Lord said – “But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after My own heart. He will do everything I want him to do” (Acts 13v22, NLT). Children of God, how are you serving the Lord? Is it with complaining and grumbling or with gladness? How do you go to church, give offerings, share the gospel, do His will?

Supplementary Text
And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father [have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with, and understand Him; appreciate, heed, and cherish Him] and serve Him with a blameless heart and a willing mind. For the Lord searches all hearts and minds and understands all the wanderings of the thoughts. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.” 1 Chronicles 28v9 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Father, I desire to know You more. Please reveal Yourself to me, and help me to serve You with gladness, faithfulness, and with a willing mind.


Comments

Popular Posts