To save some


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
For although I am free in every way from anyone’s control, I have made myself a bond servant to everyone, so that I might gain the more [for Christ]. To the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to men under the Law, [I became] as one under the Law, though not myself being under the Law, that I might win those under the Law. To those without (outside) law I became as one without law, not that I am without the law of God and lawless toward Him, but that I am [especially keeping] within and committed to the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law. To the weak (wanting in discernment) I have become weak and overscrupulous. I have [in short] become all things to all men, that I might by all means (at all costs and in any and every way) save some [by winning them to faith in Jesus Christ].” 1 Corinthians 9v19-22 (AMP)

Staying within the laws of God and what God will require of him, and not displeasing God, Paul in essence learnt to speak and did speak the language of those he came across – the Jews, those under the law, the weak e.t.c. Why? So that he might win at least some of them to Christ. 1 Corinthians 10v32-33 (AMP) says “Do not let yourselves be [hindrances by giving] an offense to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God [do not lead others into sin by your mode of life]; Just as I myself strive to please [to accommodate myself to the opinions, desires, and interests of others, adapting myself to] all men in everything I do, not aiming at or considering my own profit and advantage, but that of the many in order that they may be saved.

Supplementary Text
“Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.” 1 Corinthians 9v19-22 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word and how You do not want any to perish but all to come to salvation. We pray that You will grant us wisdom and compassion to be able to find common ground with those who do not know You that they might be saved. Thank You for the salvation of our own souls. Please keep us in You till the end in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts