The presence of the Lord (6)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that our forefathers were all under and protected by the cloud [in which God’s presence went before them], and every one of them passed safely through the [Red] Sea,” 1 Corinthians 10v1 (AMP)

Another thing the presence of the Lord brings is provision. The Lord is called the Good Shepherd. Psalm 23v1&5 (KJV) says “THE LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want … Thou prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over” and Psalm 37v25 (KJV) says “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” Amen. God’s provision for His children is not dependent on the economy or what we can see. For Him, He says “Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” (Matthew 6v31-34, KJV). Are you in need of provision? Seek God’s Kingdom and His righteousness, and pray using His Word saying that Father, You said if I seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness, all these things shall be added unto me. Don’t look at your bank account or the economy, neither be afraid. Let God be your Jehovah Jireh. In fact God was upset with the Israelites because they questioned His ability to provide for them:

Primary Text
“He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths. He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers. And they sinned yet more against Him by provoking the most High in the wilderness. And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? Behold, He smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can He give bread also? can He provide flesh for His people? Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel; Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in His salvation:” Psalm 78v15-22 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for Your past provision. I thank You for You are my provider. I know that You can bring water out of the rock, and prepare a table before me in any wilderness of life, and in the presence of my enemies. I pray that I would always abide in Your presence, seeking first Your kingdom and Your righteousness, and I know You will take care of me. Thank You for Your love and care for me in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts