Neither hot nor cold!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].” 1 Corinthians 9v27 (AMP)

Paul writes here that after he has preached to others, he doesn’t want to be rejected or seen as counterfeit. That will be sad indeed. We read about Demas in 2 Timothy 4v10 (NLT) which says “Demas has deserted me because he loves the things of this life and has gone to Thessalonica…” Beloved, hold fast to the faith, don’t let the things of this world draw you away from the love of God. Don’t be lukewarm like the Laodicean church (see below). The good thing is that as you draw near to God, He draws near to you (James 4v8), as you abide in Him, and He abides in you, you will be fruitful, but apart from Him, you can do nothing (John 15v4-5). God is so faithful that He gives you all you need to please Him. In Philippians 2v12-13 (AMP), Paul by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit writes “Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” Amen.

Supplementary Text
““To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm – neither hot nor cold – I am about to spit you out of My mouth.” Revelations 3v14-16 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts