The presence of the Lord (7)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that our forefathers were all under and protected by the cloud [in which God’s presence went before them], and every one of them passed safely through the [Red] Sea,” 1 Corinthians 10v1 (AMP)

The presence of God brings comfort. The Holy Spirit Himself is called the Comforter. Jesus said He will pray the Father and He will send another Comforter. Jesus was a Comforter when He was with the disciples, and He sent another Comforter (John 14v16). God is called the God of all Comfort. To comfort can be to cheer somebody, or make somebody comfortable. Synonyms of comfort include sooth, console, reassure, calm, relieve, ease, or placate. Are you in need of any of these things? Ask the Lord for His comfort - His presence brings comfort. One way God does this is through His Word. Romans 15v4 says “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” And we know that Jesus is the Word of God from John 1v1 (KJV) which says - “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Supplementary Text
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement), Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God. For just as Christ’s [own] sufferings fall to our lot [as they overflow upon His disciples, and we share and experience them] abundantly, so through Christ comfort (consolation and encouragement) is also [shared and experienced] abundantly by us.” 2 Corinthians 1v3-5 (AMP)

Prayer
Father God, I thank You for You are the God of all comfort, and the source of every comfort. I pray that You will comfort me today, the way only You can. Bring me relief, console me, reassure me, make me calm, ease and placate me in Jesus name, amen. Thank You for Your Spirit here with me, who is my Comforter, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts