In the face of opposition


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord. Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,” 1 Corinthians 9v1-3 (KJV)

What do you do in the face of accusation and criticism? How do you react? On the one hand, you ask yourself, is this really a false accusation or do I deserve it? Was I out of line in this situation? 1 Peter 2v19-21 (NIV) says “For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps.” Joseph suffered wrongfully, being falsely accused of his master’s wife that he wanted to sleep with her (Genesis 39v7-20). Our Lord Jesus also suffered much opposition. But one reassurance we have in the midst of opposition is that God is with us. Isaiah 50v7-10 (NLT) says “Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do His will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to bring charges against me now? Where are my accusers? Let them appear! See, the Sovereign LORD is on my side! Who will declare me guilty? All my enemies will be destroyed like old clothes that have been eaten by moths! Who among you fears the LORD and obeys His servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God.” Hang in there, put your trust in the LORD and rely on Him. He is our refuge, our defense, shield and strong tower.

Supplementary Text
“Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Just think of Him Who endured from sinners such grievous opposition and bitter hostility against Himself [reckon up and consider it all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds.” Hebrews 12v2-3 (AMP)

Prayer
Father we thank You for Your Word, and today we consider Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. We thank You for all what He endured and that You that we can be encouraged through it in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts