Come

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Are you feeling down, lonely, depressed, empty, tired, weary, discouraged, distressed? The Lord Jesus says in Matthew 11v28-30 (Classic Amplified Version) “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.”

Come could mean to “move or travel toward or into a place thought of as near or familiar to the speaker”; “travel in order to be with a specified person, to do a specified thing, or to be present at an event”; or “make progress, develop” e.t.c. One thing I love about the Lord’s request to us is that we should come, and He will give us that rest/cause us to rest. Move towards Him, go and be with Him, take that step towards Him, and He will give you rest.

If we look at the meanings of rest on the other hand, they include “cease work or movement in order to relax, refresh oneself, or recover strength;” and “be placed or supported so as to stay in a specified position.” The Lord Jesus is saying come to Me, and I will cause you to rest. I will cause you to cease from your labour so that you can relax, and refresh yourself. Won’t you take that step today and say Lord I come?

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for Your goodness, Your grace and Your love. Thank You Lord Jesus for the invitation to come, and how You give us rest. Oh Lord, we come to You for Your rest. Are you weary and heavy laden today – won’t you take that step today and say Lord I come?

And perhaps you have never before come to the Lord, for Him to be your Lord and personal Saviour and would like to. Jesus is the Son of God whom God sent to die for you and I and the whole world, to pay the price for our sins. By believing in Jesus and accepting the sacrifice He paid and Him as Lord, you have peace in God. If you are stirred in your heart to accept this, you can say a prayer like this: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, acknowledging that I am a sinner. I believe that You sent Jesus to die for me and I accept His sacrifice. Lord Jesus, I want You to be my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You because I am now accepted in the beloved. Keep me till the end in You o God, in Jesus name, I pray.

If you have said this prayer, we welcome you into the family of God. Do find a Bible-believing church to attend and may God bless you richly and always.

Comments

Popular Posts