Hear Him, Obey Him (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Yesterday, we considered the fact that God wants us to listen to His Son Jesus. John 1v1 (King James Version) says “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Listening to Jesus demonstrates that we believe in who He is – the Son of God; and we love Him. Beyond listening to Christ though, we also have to obey Him. Obeying Jesus is a demonstration of our love for Him.

John 14v15-23 (New Living Translation) says ““If you love Me, obey My commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it isn’t looking for Him and doesn’t recognize Him. But you know Him, because He lives with you now and later will be in you. No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. Soon the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me. Since I live, you also will live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you. Those who accept My commandments and obey them are the ones who love Me. And because they love Me, My Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal Myself to each of them.” Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him, “Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?” Jesus replied, “All who love Me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.

Child of God, there we have it. Jesus is clear in saying that if you love Me, you will obey Me. If you love Me, you will accept My commandments and obey them. If you love Me, you will do what I say. In return, the Father of Jesus will love you, Jesus will love You, and He will reveal Himself to You. Again, the Father and the Son will make their home in those who love Him. How beautiful and wonderful.

Prayer
Lord, we thank You for Your Word. Thank You for showing us clearly how You view our demonstration of love for You. Help us to indeed walk in love towards You by accepting Your commandments, hearing You and doing what You say in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts