There is help for you

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. One of the beautiful gifts that comes from accepting Christ’s sacrifice and being a child of God is that we are given the Spirit of Christ. One of the things the Holy Spirit does is to help us. He helps us by strengthening us, by comforting us, by counseling us, by interceding for us, by empowering us to be witnesses e.t.c. Zerubbabel had an enormous task to do, and the Lord sent word to him “Then he said, “This is God’s message to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty—you will succeed because of my Spirit, though you are few and weak.’” (Zechariah 4v6, The Living Bible).

Another beautiful weapon that the believer has is the gift of prayer. How many times do we allow ourselves to get overwhelmed about an issue, when all we need to do is take it to the Lord in prayer, and let Him show us how to go about it. In Luke 18, the Lord told a parable to His disciples: “Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).  He said, In a certain city there was a judge who neither reverenced and feared God nor respected or considered man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, Protect and defend and give me justice against my adversary.  And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man, Yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or at the last she come and rail on me or assault me or strangle me. Then the Lord said, Listen to what the unjust judge says! And will not [our just] God defend and protect and avenge His elect (His chosen ones), who cry to Him day and night? Will He defer them and delay help on their behalf? I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [persistence in] faith on the earth?” (Luke 18v1-8, Classic Amplified Version).

Child of God, God loves us and He has made every provision to help us. He didn’t leave us as orphans or helpless, but has given us His Spirit and has empowered us. Let us tap into the grace that He has made available for us.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Thank You for You are indeed a very present help in trouble. Help me to always come to You Lord with everything, and not trust in my self or lean on my own understanding. Thank You so much Father, Son and Holy Spirit in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts