Speak to yourself!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His lovingkindness, His faithfulness, His grace. I was listening to a message this morning on “restoration of hope” and one of the things that were mentioned, which really stood out for me was about speaking the Word to ourselves. Remembering the Word:

“And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.” 1 Samuel 30v6

The Pastor mentioned that many people speak to God, several others to the devil, but very few to themselves. Also, many times situations and people speak negatively to us. And so what do you do when you are faced with a very rough situation and are hearing negatively all around you, begin to encourage yourself in the Lord.

Begin to say – Lord, Your Word says, say ye to the righteous, it shall be well with him, for he shall eat of the fruit of his doings. Therefore, it shall be well with me, I shall eat of the fruit of my doings; eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, nor has it entered into the hearts of men, o God what you have in store for me, your child, who is waiting on you; I do not have a spirit of fear, but I have a spirit of power, I have a spirit of love, and I have a spirit of a sound mind; it is well with me in the city, it is well with me in the country; I shall not fear what they fear; I know my Redeemer liveth; a thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand, but it shall not come near me: Faithful is He who has called me, who also will do this; the promises of the Lord concerning me are ye and amen; Lord I know You are good, and the plans and the thoughts You think towards me are thoughts of peace and not of evil to give me a future and a hope and an expected end; why are you downcast o my soul, and why art thou discouraged within me, hope thou in God for I shall yet praise Him who is the help of my countenance and my God; Lord, You are the One who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect; I know that You are for me o God that is why You have not caused my enemies to triumph over me; I thank You because You are the same yesterday, today and forevermore, You do not change, that is why we sons of Jacob are not consumed, and You are good, great is Your faithfulness, and Your lovingkindness and Your grace is sufficient for me and Your strength is made perfect in my weakness, and so I thank You for the rough times, and the tough times, because then the power of Christ can rest upon me, for when I am weak, then I am strong; I am pressed but not crushed, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed, I am blessed and highly favoured; You will never fail me, nor forsake me, You are not a God that You should lie, nor the son of man that You should repent, have You said it and will You not do it; Who is it that says a thing and it comes to pass, when the Lord has not commanded it; You are my source, my joy, my provider; By the stripes of Jesus, I am healed; When the Lord turns again my captivity, I shall be like them that dream, then they will say among the heathen the Lord has done great things for them, the Lord has done great things for me, whereof, I am glad; Your joy is my strength O God; though weeping may endure for a night, joy comes in the morning. Hallelujah, blessed be the Lord God Almighty, the Mighty God in battle, the Lord of hosts, the Unchangeable Changer, the Rock of ages, the Most High God, all blessing and glory and honour and power be unto our God now and forevermore, amen.

Won’t you begin to encourage yourself in the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts