Psalm 77: His Way!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God because He sees the big picture, even beyond what we can see. I can imagine that when the Israelites saw the Red Sea and Pharaoh behind them, it was like wow, we are in serious trouble. In fact, the Bible records that:

“As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD.
They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt?
Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!” Exodus 14v10-12

The people were terrified, as sometimes we might have cause to be. For instance if we see danger looming in the distance and coming towards us, or a big project, or a massive deadline, or a conflict… anything. And we may feel terrified and think, why did I embark on this in the first place. I was better off just staying where I was before. But we see that God knew what He was doing when He took them through that path (relax, God knows what He is doing!) The Bible says:

“When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, “If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.” Exodus 13v17 (NIV)

God knew the way in which HE was taking them through. He even knew that Pharaoh will pursue after them. But He was not caught unawares, and HE had and proved that He had the ability to deliver His people and give them yet another testimony and song of praise. You might be wondering that why is God taking me through this long journey. Perhaps it is so that you will not return to Egypt.

Psalm 77v19 says: “Thy way is in the sea, and Thy path in the great waters, and Thy footsteps are not known.”

The Bible tells us also that:
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55v8-9

AND:
“As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him.
For who is God except the Lord? Or who is the Rock save our God,
The God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect?
He makes my feet like hinds’ feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places.” Psalm 18v30-33 (AMP)

Trust in the Lord…. Even when it seems like a long journey, or a Pharaoh behind and a Red Sea in front. He will give you a song of praise.

Have a very blessed day.

Comments

Popular Posts