A Reminder

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for the salvation of our sins and the love He has for us.

Primary Text
“And now let me remind you [since it seems to have escaped you], brethren, of the Gospel (the glad tidings of salvation) which I proclaimed to you, which you welcomed and accepted and upon which your faith rests,” 1 Corinthians 12v1 (AMP)

A song I really like goes – Jesus at the centre of it all, Jesus at the centre of it all, from beginning to the end, it will always be, it’s always been You Jesus, Jesus, nothing else matters. Nothing in this world, Jesus You’re the centre, everything revolves around You, Jesus You…. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MO0tI3t3fM). In the verse above, Paul here believed he had to remind the Corinthians of the gospel. I think sometimes we as well need to be reminded of it. Yes, we may be Christians, but do we remember that it is all about Jesus? Beyond Easter and Christmas holidays, and when we pray in the name of Jesus, do we really keep Jesus at the centre of it all? I was really challenged recently about this. In the songs we sing, the conversations that we have, is Jesus at the centre. Are we really heavenly-focused and heavenly-minded? How does that show in our daily lives and conversation? How acquainted are we with the Word of God, which is Jesus? Yes we may go to church, and read our Bibles but are our hearts still with our first love? Is this gift of salvation that we have so precious to us that we cannot but tell others about it? Romans 1v16 (KJV) says “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Beyond being saved, there is so much the Word tells us that we have because of Christ or can do because of Him, are we searching these out and seeking to be more like that?

Supplementary Text
“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3v1-2 (KJV)

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the salvation of my soul. I thank You for Jesus dying on the Cross for me. I pray O God that You will restore to me the joy of salvation. Be glorified in and through Me, and baptize me afresh with Your Holy Spirit that I might be an incredible witness for Christ in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts