Working Grace!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15v10 (AMP)

“But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me – and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by His grace.” 1 Corinthians 15v10 (NLT)

In this verse, we see that Paul is quick to acknowledge that the person he is today is because of the grace of God. Indeed, like Paul, regardless of our past, our sins, and anything we might have done, by the grace of God we are saved through faith (Ephesians 2v5). That’s why you can look at a believer, and see a great change in their lives because God saved them and redeemed them. Next, Paul mentions that this grace that God poured on him was not in vain, he did not take the grace of God for granted. He appreciated the grace and worked hard, even harder than any of the other apostles. Beloved, are you working hard in the kingdom of God. Do you appreciate and acknowledge God’s grace upon your life? Finally, he says still that yet, it was not him that was doing all this work, but God the grace of God which was with him. Indeed, in a sense we can put the grace of God to work by knowing it is there and just like with other things, believing that His grace is on you and doing what He will have you do. 2 Corinthians 9v8 (AMP) for example says “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].”

Supplementary Text
“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” 2 Corinthians 12v9-10 (AMP).

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your grace. Please let Your grace be sufficient for every area of weakness, and shortcoming in my life – spiritually, physically, emotionally, in my mind, my will, my finances … - this day in Jesus name, amen. I pray that the power of Christ will pitch a tent over me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts