Many Members, One Body


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For just as the body is a unity and yet has many parts, and all the parts, though many, form [only] one body, so it is with Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).” 1 Corinthians 14v12 (AMP)

Christ is here likened to the human body. In the human body, we have many parts, but it is still one body. We have fingers, nails, toes, feet, blood, internal organs like the kidney, liver, lungs, heart and so many other parts. Sometimes we do not appreciate the functioning of one part of the body until something goes wrong with it, for example if you hit your big toe or have a head ache. But all parts of the body are important and have a role to play. And all parts of the body are necessary for the body to function properly. So it is in the body of Christ – we all have a role to play, are important, necessary and need one another.

Supplementary Text
“For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased Him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.” 1 Corinthians 12v14-21 (KJV)

Prayer
My Father and my God, I thank You so much for making me a member of the body of Christ. Please help me to know my role, the value of that role and to play it well as unto the Lord, and not unto man. This I pray in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts