Oneness

Hello everyone,

I hope you are well and bubbling in the Spirit. We thank God for life, joy, hope and being our Helper.

Primary Text
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.” 1 Corinthians 15v3-11 (NIV)
We thank God for the body of Christ and the oneness of the true gospel of God. Not that there are not some that try to pervert it, but there is one gospel. Ephesians 4v4-6 (AMP) says “[There is] one body and one Spirit – just as there is also one hope [that belongs] to the calling you received – [There is] one Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of [us] all, Who is above all [Sovereign over all], pervading all and [living in [us] all.” For the oneness of the message, and the God we serve, the message, we bless God for it. We might have different styles, personalities and roles, but we serve the same Lord. So as Paul said, “So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the same message you have already believed.” 1 Corinthians 15v11 (NLT)

Supplementary Text
“When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world? After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.” 1 Corinthians 3v4-8 (NLT)

Prayer
Dear God, we thank You so much for the Gospel we have received. Thank you for the gospel which we have heard and believed. Thank You for the body of Christ. Thank You for Your grace in Jesus name we have prayed, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts