Many Members, One Body


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for the body of Christ and the role we all have to play in it. The Word says:

Primary Text
“For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased Him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.” 1 Corinthians 12v14-21 (KJV)

As believers, we are all members of the body of Christ – whether we feel like it or not. Moreover, even if we compare ourselves to other people and look down on ourselves, it doesn’t make our role any less important or disqualify us from being a member of the body. Like the Bible says – if the ear shall say because I am not the hand, I am not of the body - that doesn’t make it not part of the body. 2 Corinthians 10v12, 17&18 (AMP) says “Not that we [have the audacity to] venture to class or [even to] compare ourselves with some who exalt and furnish testimonials for themselves! However, when they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely…. However, let him who boasts and glories boast and glory in the Lord. For [it is] not [the man] who praises and commends himself who is approved and accepted, but [it is the person] whom the Lord accredits and commends.” You have a role to play in the body. You are important and there are good works, which God before ordained for you to walk in.

Supplementary Text
“For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” Ephesians 2v10 (AMP)

Prayer
My Father and my God, I thank You so much for making me a member of the body of Christ. Please help me to know my role, the value of that role and to play it well as unto the Lord, and not unto man. This I pray in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts