Working Grace (2)!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15v10 (AMP)

Thank God for His grace. It is easy not to tap into the grace of God and to succumb to feelings of despair, discouragement, sorrow, failure, intimidation and so on. But 1 Corinthians 12v9-10 (see below) says that God’s grace is sufficient for us. In such situations when we are flailing, let us invite God into the situation to do what He knows to do best – the impossible. Let His strength fill the gap. Indeed, His strength and power are more effective when we are weak. Let’s be very aware of this and enjoy that grace. Don’t give into the feeling of despair, discouragement, sorrow, failure, intimidation and so on. Don’t give up hope! Hold on to God! Be strong in Him and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6v10). Let’s consider the following verses:
1.     “I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].” Philippians 4v13 (AMP)
2.     “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding. He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and [selected] young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted; But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.” Isaiah 40v28-31 (AMP)
3.     “God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.” Psalm 46v1 (AMP)

Supplementary Text
“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” 2 Corinthians 12v9-10 (AMP).

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your grace. Please let Your grace be sufficient for every area of weakness, and shortcoming in my life – spiritually, physically, emotionally, in my mind, my will, my finances … - this day in Jesus name, amen. I pray that the power of Christ will pitch a tent over me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts