Victory over death!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, faithfulness and lovingkindness.

Primary Text
“For He must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” 1 Corinthians 15v25-26 (KJV)

“For [Christ] must be King and reign until He has put all [His] enemies under His feet. The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death.” 1 Corinthians 15v25-26 (AMP)

The verses above tell us that Jesus will reign until He has put all enemies under His feet. Jesus has resurrected, His own too will be at His coming (1 Corinthians 15v23), and then Jesus will give over the kingdom to His Father, after every other authority, ruler, power, are rendered inoperative under Him - the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Death as well, will be destroyed, and will be the last to be destroyed! Many people are afraid of death. But we thank God because Jesus has conquered death and holds the key of death and hell. Revelations 1v18 (KJV) tells us “I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” Now as believers, we know that Jesus died, but He rose again, and if we die, we shall also be resurrected. We need not fear death anymore! Hebrews 2v14-15 (TLB) says “Since we, God’s children, are human beings –made of flesh and blood – He became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could He die and in dying break the power of the devil who had the power of death. Only in that way could He deliver those who through fear of death have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread.” As the apostle Paul said, so we believers can also say:

Supplementary Text
“For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying – well, that’s better yet! But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really don’t know which is better, to live or die! Sometimes I want to live, and at other times I don’t, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here!” Philippians 1v21-23 (TLB)

Prayer
Perhaps you do not share this excitement with Paul because you do not know where you will spend eternity because you have never given your life to Christ. Or, perhaps you were born again but slid back into the world to do your own thing. Why don’t you come to the Father now through Jesus, making Him the Saviour of your life? The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now born-again, and a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.


Comments

Popular Posts