Lord, What do You desire me to do?


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And [also] that He appeared to Cephas (Peter), then to the Twelve. Then later He showed Himself to more than five hundred brethren at one time, the majority of whom are still alive, but some have fallen asleep [in death]. Afterward He was seen by James, then by all the apostles (the special messengers), And last of all He appeared to me also, as to one prematurely and born dead [no better than an unperfected fetus among living men.]” 1 Corinthians 15v5-8 (AMP)

The apostle Paul was not a follower of Jesus while He was on earth. On the contrary, he was initially a persecutor of the early church until he had an encounter with the Lord Jesus on the road to Damascus as he was on his way to continue persecuting the church (please see account below). By the time the Lord spoke to him, he responded with trembling and astonishment saying – “Lord, what do You desire me to do?” Not everyone of us will have a road to Damascus experience. Yet, perhaps you have heard the Gospel, Jesus has revealed Himself to you through His Word, His witnesses, the Holy Spirit convicting you. What is your response to Him today? For those of us that do know the Lord, and call Him our Master, the question “Lord, what do You desire me to do?” is still relevant. What do You desire me to do Lord – today, in this situation, at this time, in this relationship, at my work place, in the body of Christ….

Supplementary Text
“Meanwhile Saul, still drawing his breath hard from threatening and murderous desire against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest And requested of him letters to the synagogues at Damascus [authorizing him], so that if he found any men or women belonging to the Way [of life as determined by faith in Jesus Christ], he might bring them bound [with chains] to Jerusalem. Now as he traveled on, he came near to Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him, And he fell to the ground. Then he heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me [harassing, troubling, and molesting Me]? And Saul said, Who are You, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus, Whom you are persecuting. It is dangerous and it will turn out badly for you to keep kicking against the goad [to offer vain and perilous resistance]. Trembling and astonished he asked, Lord, what do You desire me to do? The Lord said to him, But arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” Acts 9v1-6 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You Jesus for You are my Lord, and I ask, Lord, what do You desire me to do? Please reveal Your plans for my life in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts