Our Faith


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. It is the Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you – unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.” 1 Corinthians 15v1-2 (NLT)

It is important for us to remind ourselves of the Gospel and be grounded in it, for our sakes and as well for those with whom we have to share our faith with. Matthew 1v21 (KJV) tells us that “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” Hallelujah. Indeed, we know that the Word says “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3v23 (KJV); and “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6v23, KJV). Because of sin, we were in need of a Saviour, and God in His infinite mercy, who wanted to restore the relationship of God to man made a way by sending His only begotten Son to die for us. “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me” (John 14v6, KJV). Jesus is the Way to the Father, and no one gets to the Father except through Him. By accepting God’s Word as truth, and His gift of salvation through Jesus we become saved. 

Supplementary Text
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned; but He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” John 3v16-21 (KJV).

Now perhaps you are not born again and do not know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts