His Guidance (3)


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. God loves to provide guidance to people. Proverbs is full of words of wisdom and caution and beckoning to everyone to adhere to wisdom. James 1v5 (AMPC) says “If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.” Do you need wisdom? Are you in need of direction and guidance? Ask God – He will give it to you without reproaching you.

However, there is a condition placed on this request: you need to ask in faith and not doubt. James 1v5-7 (TPT) tells us that “And if anyone longs to be wise, ask God for wisdom and He will give it! He won’t see your lack of wisdom as an opportunity to scold you over your failures but He will overwhelm your failures with His generous grace. Just make sure you ask empowered by confident faith without doubting that you will receive. For the ambivalent person believes one minute and doubts the next. Being undecided makes you become like the rough seas driven and tossed by the wind. You’re up one minute and tossed down the next. When you are half-hearted and wavering it leaves you unstable. Can you really expect to receive anything from the Lord when you’re in that condition?”

Prayer
 Father, we pray again from Psalm 25v4-5 (TLB) “Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me to walk. Lead me; teach me; for you are the God who gives me salvation. I have no hope except in you.

Comments

Popular Posts