Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego – And the heathen said…

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His grace and His love for us. One lesson we learn from the trials of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, is to wait for the salvation that only comes from the Lord. The sort that when you have gone through the trial, you will come out unscarred by it, and it would even cause people to wonder in amazement at you and glorify God. Therefore, we should never use hasty means to seek out salvation or respite. Wait upon the Lord. Remember the Bible says:

“When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.” Psalm 126v1-2
We see this in the life of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, where they refused to bow down to any other God but the Lord Most High, and HE turned their captivity around, so much so that the heathen king proclaimed indeed that it was only their God who could deliver after this sort. Remember that they were captives in Babylon who were serving the king. But after this incident, they would have been viewed with even more awe.

“Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent His angel, and delivered His servants that trusted in Him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.” Daniel 3v28-29

That is, it is only God that can save out of the burning fiery furnace. And we know that apart from those that we face in this life, He alone can save us from the eternal burning flames of hell. Do you know Him as Your Lord and personal Saviour? If you would like Him to be Your Lord and Saviour, you can say this prayer then:
Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that I am a sinner, and I come to You this day to forgive me for all of my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I believe that You sent Your only begotten Son Jesus into the world to die for my sins, so that I would not perish but have everlasting life. Lord Jesus, I ask You to be the Lord and Saviour of my life today. I am tired and weary and tired of doing things on my own. Take Your rightful place in my life, and let the Lord’s name be glorified in me. Seal me with Your Holy Spirit of promise and keep me till the end, in Jesus name I have prayed, amen.

If you have prayed this prayer today, believe it. Jesus is now Your Lord and Saviour, and the Holy Spirit has come to dwell with you and live in you, while the angels in heaven are jubilating. Please find a Bible believing church you can go to that you may grow and fellowship with other believers. Also feel free to send me an email.

Comments

Popular Posts