A New Song for the Broken Hearted

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted. Brokenhearted can be defined as burdened with great sorrow, grief, or disappointment (www.dictionary.com). There could be many causes for a broken heart – a death of a loved one, disappointment over past mistakes, a broken relationship, a suffered hurt or grievance, a betrayal. Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted (Luke 4v18). Imagine the widow of Nain whose only son died, Jesus met them on the way to where the son was being buried, and raised her son back to life (Luke 7v11-16). Ruth and Naomi were given a new song to sing (Ruth 1-4). I don’t know the source of the brokenness in your life, but Jesus is able to heal every hurt, every disappointment, and give you a new song – just bring to Him today.

Primary Text: Psalm 40v1-3
“I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.” Psalm 40v1-3 (AMP)

Remember with God nothing is impossible (Luke 1v37). “Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!” (Psalm 34v8, NLT). Let Him heal that broken heart. Men may disappoint us, but those who look up to God, their faces are radiant, and they are not put to shame (Psalm 34v5). Bring that hurt, that pain, that disappointment to the Lord, and let Him nourish, cherish, and restore your soul.

Supplementary Text
“Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of Him, and He would have given thee living water.” John 4v10 (KJV)

Father, I am tired of running. I cannot handle this myself. I surrender my broken heart to You. Please heal me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts