An Example in Purpose!

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: John 6v38
“For I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me.” John 6v38 (KJV)

Jesus came to earth, and was focused on doing the will of the Father who sent Him, not His own. There were opportunities for Him to move away from that will, but He didn’t take them. Even when He was tempted of the devil (Luke 4v1-13), or when Peter, His own disciple was rebuking Him for telling the disciples that He had to “suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and raised again the third day”, He recognized it for what it was and said – “Get thee behind Me, Satan: thou art an offence unto Me: for thou savourest not the things which be of God, but those that be of men.” (Matthew 16v22-24). Even when His own flesh was weak “And He said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto Thee; take away this cup from Me”, yet He added, “nevertheless not what I will, but what Thou wilt” (Mark 14v36). God has a plan and a purpose for your life (Jeremiah 29v11). Like Jesus’, it will certainly be contested. But God is able to keep you in His will and in His plan. Are you willing to seek God’s face for His plan for your life? Are you ready stand against opposition from the devil, from friends, from your own will and flesh, and say Lord, not as I will but as You will.

Supplementary Text
“For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” Ephesians 2v10 (AMP)

Father, I thank You for Your plan for my life. I ask that You reveal Your plan for me and guide me in it. Help me to walk in it. Every talent You have given me, let none be buried, but show me how to use them to the glory of Your name, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts