His Everlasting Arms

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. There is a prayer my mum used to say when praying about air travel, and she would say, underneath are Your everlasting arms. Then I saw the verse yesterday.

Primary Text:
“The eternal God is your refuge and dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He drove the enemy before you and thrust them out, saying, Destroy!.” Deuteronomy 33v27 (AMP)

When the children of Israel went out of Egypt, God was their Guide, their Source, He fought for them, provided for them, kept them. And He has not changed. He led them with a pillar of cloud by day, and the pillar of fire by night. A pillar of fire being able to provide warmth as well for them. In fact, when the Egyptians chased after the children of Israel to the Red Sea, the Bible records “And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.” (Exodus 14v19-20). When we make God our refuge, and the Most High our habitation, no evil will befall us and no plague will come near our dwelling place (see Psalm 91). Even when we go through the fire, we will not be burned (Isaiah 43v2). In every situation you go through, remember God is with you, He cares and underneath are His everlasting arms. I pray you find your rest in Him today in Jesus name, amen.

Supplementary Text
“One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me upon a rock.” Psalm 27v4-5

Father, thank You for Your everlasting arms in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts