Fear of the Lord = Hating Evil


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“The reverent fear and worshipful awe of the Lord [includes] the hatred of evil; pride, arrogance, the evil way, and perverted and twisted speech I hate.” Proverbs 8v13 (AMP)

A person who fears the Lord, will hate evil, because He knows that God dislikes it and he or she would not want to offend God. Often times however, people fear man more than God. They think, if I do not please this person, they might stigmatize me, dislike me, make my life difficult, I might lose my job, I may have no friends and so on. But Proverbs 29v25 (KJV) tells us that “The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whose putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.” A snare is a dangerous trap. Matthew 10v28 (TLB) cautions “”Don’t be afraid of those who can kill only your bodies – but can’t touch your souls! Fear only God who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” Joseph was a man who was put in the position of choosing to fear God or please man. His master’s wife asked him to sleep with her. He refused saying “No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?”” (Genesis 39v9, NIV). And while she lied against him and he was thrown into prison, eventually God brought to pass His purposes for his life, making him the prime minister in Egypt. Imagine if he had succumbed to the temptation and did that which displeased God – would he have fulfilled God’s great purpose for his life?

Supplementary Text
“Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” Proverbs 3v7, KJV.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please forgive me for anyway I have dabbled in that which displeases You. I ask that You instill in me a deep and reverential fear of You and grant unto me the Spirit of the fear of the Lord. Thank You O God, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts