My Shepherd


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Psalm 23v1 (KJV)

A shepherd is someone who watches over, “herds, tends, and guards sheep [. Or] a person who protects, guides, or watches over a person of group of people” (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shepherd?s=t). The Bible tells us that our shepherd is the LORD. Hallelujah! A shepherd determines when and where the sheep will go, which path they should take and when they will stop and rest. A perfect example is how God led the children of Israel in the wilderness. God wants to lead and guide you. Psalm 32v8-9 (TLB) says “I will instruct you (says the Lord) and guide you along the best pathway for your life; I will advise you and watch your progress.” However, He cautions that “Be not like the horse or the mule, which lack understanding, which must have their mouths held firm with bit and bridle, or else they will not come to you.” Psalm 32v9 (AMP). From Isaiah 48v17 (NIV), “This is what the LORD says – your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.” Let God be your guide – He knows best. One way He speaks to His children is through His Word – dig deep into it. Make Bible study a priority.

Supplementary Text
“When the Cloud lifted, the people of Israel moved on to wherever it stopped, and camped there. In this way they journeyed at the command of the Lord and stopped where He told them to, then remained there as long as the Cloud stayed. If it stayed a long time, then they stayed a long time. But if it stayed only a few days, then they remained only a few days; for so the Lord had instructed them.” Numbers 9v17-19 (TLB)

Prayer
Almighty God, I thank You for You are my Shepherd. I pray You will lead me along the best pathway for my life. Please forgive me in anyway I have moved away from Your ways, and put me back on the right path, in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts