Friend of God?


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do.” John 15v14 (AMP)

This is what the Lord Jesus said. Those that are not friends of God would not do what He commands. On the one hand those who do not have the Spirit of God in them do not have the capacity to obey God. Romans 8v6-8 (AMP) says “Now the mind of the flesh [which is the sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever]. [That is] because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God’s Law; indeed it cannot. So then those who are living the life of the flesh [catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature] cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him.” But we have the Spirit of God in us and we are empowered because of the Holy Spirit to be obedient to him. The question then is do you submit yourself to His Word and His ways or do you resist Him? Do you select and choose what you want to obey … and set your own boundaries? Similarly,  you may sound religious but the important thing is being obedient to what God wants. Our Lord Jesus our perfect example was obedient. In John 8v29 (KJV) says “And He that sent Me is with Me: the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.” Is this your testimony as well?

Supplementary Text
“”Not all who sound religious are really godly people. They may refer to me as ‘Lord,’ but still won’t get to heaven. For the decisive question is whether they obey My Father in heaven.” Matthew 7v21 (TLB)

Prayer
Father we thank You for Your Word. Father, please show me areas I have been disobedient. Please forgive me, and grant me the grace to do all of Your will all of the time. This I pray in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts