The Fear of the Lord

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.” Proverbs 19v23 (AMP)

There are numerous benefits for the individual who fears the Lord, and walks in the fear of the Lord. Yes, our Lord Himself asks us not to be afraid, and there are many things we should not fear. For example Isaiah 41v10 (AMP) tells us “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” But the fear of the Lord is that reverence/respect for the Lord that makes us to consider His opinion as supreme to every other person or things. It is saying, it is the Lord I fear and I am in awe of. Job 28v28 (KJV) says “And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.” Psalm 19v9 (EXB) says “Respect [Fear] for the LORD [Prov. 1:7] is good [pure]; it will last [endure] forever. The judgments of the LORD are true; they are completely [altogether] right [righteous].” Child of God, do you fear the Lord? The fear of the Lord is good; it is the beginning of wisdom; it will help you depart from sin. You can desire it and ask of it from the Lord!

Prayer
Father, we thank You for who You are. We pray this day for the Spirit of the fear of the Lord. Help us to walk always in the reverential and deep fear of the Lord now and always in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts