Fear not, for I am with you!!!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1v9 (AMP)

Moses was dead and Joshua was told by God he had to take over to lead Israel. I am not sure what was running through Joshua’s mind, but it certainly was not pride and confidence, for God had to reassure him over and over – fear not, be courageous, be strong, I am with you. Many times we have to do things that we definitely do not feel very sure about, bold or confident of. Indeed there are as Paul puts it “fears within and fightings without.” But the Most High God gives us the assurance of His presence – that is what makes the difference. Not our words, intellect, strength, beauty, but His presence with us. Isaiah 41v10 (AMP) says “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” This is one verse of Scripture that I truly like and has encouraged me. God is saying, fear not, don’t be afraid, and the reason He tells you not to be that, is that He is with you. But, but, but, …. Lord You do not know, understand – really…. His response, I am with you. Don’t be afraid. Yes, we do go through trials, storms, difficult times, uncertain situations about work, food, finances, rent, expenses, but His assurance is that, I am with you, so do not be afraid.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for You are with us and we do not need to be afraid. Thank You for Your Word in Hebrews 13v6 telling us “…I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?” Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts