Friendship with God

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“No one has greater love [no one has shown greater affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends. You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do. I do not call you servants (slaves) any longer, for the servant does not know what his master is doing (working out). But I have called you My friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. [I have revealed to you everything that I have learned from Him.]” John 15v13-15 (AMP)

There is a popular song that we sing today which says – I am a friend of God… He calls me friend. Jesus showed us the ultimate friendship by laying down His life for us and dying for us. He extended to us the wonderful arm of friendship by dying on the Cross for us and for this we remain eternally grateful. On the other hand, one question we need to ask ourselves is if we show Him friendship in return? John 15v14 tells us that God’s friends are those who do and keep on doing what He commands them to do. Are you obeying His will? Are you being His friend? But you may say how do I know what is required of me? Well we have the Word of God, which reveals His ways, heart, commandments and will to us. Also, we see that as a true friend, He has revealed many things to us as the Father did to Him. He did not withhold information from His friends. The question then is what are we doing with what He has told us?

Prayer

Father, I thank You for Your Word and extending the arm of friendship to me. I pray that I would indeed be a friend of God in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts