Love and Obedience

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“If ye love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14v15).

When I was younger, I watched a children’s Christian movie that talked about various things. One of the lines there said “obedience is doing what I’m asked to do and doing it quickly because I love you.” The reality of what that meant never really occurred to me. But from the text we see above, we find Jesus linking love and obedience together. In essence, if you do not love the Lord you will not keep His commandments! Wow. Again John 14v22-24 (KJV) says: “Judas saith unto Him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that Thou wilt manifest Thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, He will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father’s which sent Me.” A disregard for the things of God shows that you do not love Him. But if you love Him, He will come and make His abode with you. Child of God, do you love God? Not by mouth but as evidenced by your following His commandments, for example His commandments to love others?

Prayer

Father, we thank You for Your Word. Your Word is truth. Father have mercy on me in anyway I have been disobeying You O Lord. That shows I do not love You. Father, grant me the grace to do all of Your will, all of the time in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts