A fruit bearing connection

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from His father, …” John 1v14 (AMP)

We usually pray such prayers as: Lord be glorified in my life, in and through me and so on. Jesus glorified the Father – “I have brought You glory on earth by finishing the work You gave Me to do” (John 17v4, NIV). In a sense Jesus glorified God in His obedience to God and what He would have Him do. Is your life bringing glory to God? One way in which we bring glory to God is by bearing fruit. But we cannot bear fruit if we are not connected to Jesus. John 15v4-5; 8 (AMP) say “Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to), the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing… When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.” Beloved, are you staying connected to Jesus? Daily and continuously living in Him, abiding in Him, dwelling in Him, being VITALLY connected to Him i.e. without Him you cannot exist? The harsh reality is that if you do not continue to abide in Him, you become cast away: “If anyone separates from Me, he is thrown away like a useless branch, withers, and is gathered into a pile with all the others and burned.” John 15v6 (TLB)

Prayer

Father I thank You for Your Word this day. I want to keep bearing fruit to the glory of Your name. If I am no longer being vitally united to You Lord Jesus, have mercy on me. I ask for a restoration of our relationship today o Lord in Jesus name, amen. Father, please grant me the grace to continue to abide in Christ now and forevermore in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts