Kings and Priests (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But when you pray, go into your [most] private room, and, closing the door, pray to your Father, Who is in secret; and your Father, Who sees in secret, will reward you in the open.” Matthew 6v6 (AMP)

As children of God, we have also been made kings unto our God. Revelations 1v6 (KJV) says “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” In the natural world, usually under normal circumstances, children’s words said in the name of their parents are usually accepted as the word of their parents; on account of the fact that one is a child of a parent, you are usually believed. In the same way, as children of God, we have been made kings unto our God. The Bible says where the word of the king is there is power. We can stand in the place of authority as a member of the family and execute decrees based on the rights and privileges given us, in the name of Jesus. Remember, it is a special privilege to be able to use this Name. The sons of Sceva tried it and were beaten up. Acts 19v13-17 (TLB) says “A team of itinerant Jews who were traveling from town to town casting out demons planned to experiment by using the name of the Lord Jesus. The incantation they decided on was this: “I adjure you by Jesus, whom Paul preaches, to come out!” Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish priest, were doing this. But when they tried it on a man possessed by a demon, the demon replied, “I know Jesus and I know Paul, but who are you?” And he leaped on two of them and beat them up, so that they fled out of his house naked and badly injured. The story of what happened spread quickly all through Ephesus, to Jews and Greeks alike; and a solemn fear descended on the city, and the name of the Lord Jesus was greatly honored.” Indeed, an imposter cannot wield the name of Jesus as a charm, but children of God, who believe in Him and have received Him and have been given the right to become the sons of God (John 1v12), can in His name will His Kingdom and His will be done on earth as in heaven. Hallelujah.

Prayer
Beloved, are you reading this today and have not given your life to Christ to become a child of God? The Bible says For if you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord and believe in your own heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation.” Romans 10v9-10 (TLB)

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts