My Shield and Exceeding Great Reward

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“I love You, Lord; You are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies.” Psalm 18v1-3 (NLT)

One phrase that is currently resonating in my heart is “my shield and my exceeding great reward.” God is our Shield, amen. As we move about from place to place, look at the happenings around the world, and even in our own local communities, we find things that may cause us to be afraid – because they may cause harm to us – spiritually, emotionally, to our minds, our will and physically. But Isaiah 41v10 (AMP) says “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” God is our shield. He is well aware of all the occurrences around us and asks us not to be afraid. Through scripture, we find the assurance of His protective power for those who are His and examples of how He has kept them safe. Psalm 91v1-5 (NIV) says “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely He will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,”. What do you call the Lord today? Do you call Him your God? Your shield? Your protector? Do you love Him who is the Strength of Israel?

Prayer
Our Father and our God, we bless Your holy name. Ah, You have been our help in ages past and You are our hope for years to come. Our shield and exceeding great reward, we exalt You. You are the strength of our lives and our portion forevermore. We thank You. You preserve us. We appreciate You. We call You our refuge and our fortress, our God in whom we trust, and we thank You because You will cover us with Your feathers, and we will find refuge under Your wings. We thank You because Your faithfulness is our shield and rampart. Blessed be Your name forevermore. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts