My Fortress


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“The LORD is my rock, and my fortress,…” Psalm 18v2 (KJV)

Have you ever been in intense battle or combat, where you are being chased by an enemy; bullets are flying everywhere, while grenades and mines are going off in different places? Most of us have never been, though we might have seen it in “action” movies. On the other hand, we also see that it is the reality of what is going on in many parts of the world. While in the physical we might not experience such dangerous situations, as believers, we are engaged in spiritual warfare. Ephesians 6v12-13 (NLT) says “For we are not fighting against human beings but against the wicked spiritual forces in the heavenly world, the rulers, authorities, and cosmic powers of this dark age. So put on God’s armor now! Then when the evil day comes, you will be able to resist the enemy’s attacks; and after fighting to the end, you will still hold your ground.” Amen. David was a person who understood the concept of God being his fortress. He was chosen by God and anointed as king but Saul was still on the throne, reigning as king. Saul knew that David would take over from him and became his archenemy. He was constantly pursuing him. But God was David’s fortress. The devil roams about as a roaring lion seeking whom he will devour (1 Peter 5v8), but God is our Fortress. We run to Him and we are safe.

Supplementary Text
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.” Psalm 91v1-3 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You because You are my Fortress. I call You my Refuge and my Fortress, and pray that I will ever dwell in Your secret place, in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts