My High Tower


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

The Lord is our High Tower. Imagine a situation where there are troubles and enemies on every side and you are looking for somewhere to hide. Imagine you sight in the distance a structure – tall and strong. You run to it and at the mention of the right word – Jesus – you are let in. The huge door closes behind you. The tower is high, but you rise to the top. Imagine from the top you see all those who had been chasing after you swarming around, but they are unable to reach you. Imagine in that same tower, finding a place of rest and security. God is our High Tower. As believers, we are not exempted from trouble, but in the midst of it, we have peace. Proverbs 18v10 (AMP) says “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the [consistently] righteous man [upright and in right standing with God] runs into it and is safe, high [above evil] and strong.” We live in a world where evil seems to abound on every side, but in Jesus we find safety and rest. What a great assurance, and what a treasure we have to share to those around us who do not know Him.

Supplementary Text
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls]. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good – not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.” Matthew 11v28-30 (AMP)

Prayer
Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises, for You o God are my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love.

Comments

Popular Posts