Our Words


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” Hebrews 11v3 (KJV)

Beloved, what are the words that you speak? The words we speak, though not seen impact our lives. Proverbs 18v21 (KJV) says “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” The Living Bible says “Those who love to talk will suffer the consequences. Men have died for saying the wrong things!” “For the Scriptures say, “If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.” (1 Peter 3v10-11, NLT). We see the example of the children of Israel who grumbled, spoke negative words and made God upset with them.

Supplementary Text
“All the Israelites grumbled against Moses and Aaron, and the whole assembly said to them, “If only we had died in Egypt! Or in this wilderness! Why is the LORD bringing us to this land only to let us fall by the sword? Our wives and children will be taken as plunder. Wouldn’t it be better for us to go back to Egypt?” And they said to each other, “We should choose a leader and go back to Egypt.”… The Lord said to Moses and Aaron: “How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites. So tell them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Lord, I will do to you the very thing I heard you say: In this wilderness your bodies will fall —every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me. Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.” Numbers 14v2-4; 26-30 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, thank You for Your Word. Father, for every word I have spoken that is standing against me and my life, please have mercy and reverse it in Jesus name, amen. Help me to keep the door of my lips, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts