My enemy, God’s enemy!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And Haman told Zeresh his wife and all his friends every thing that had befallen him. Then said his wise men and Zeresh his wife unto him, If Mordecai be of the seed of the Jews, before whom thou hast begun to fall, thou shalt not prevail against him, but shalt surely fall before him.” Esther 6v13 (KJV)

Have you ever considered the fact that as a child of God, your enemies become God’s enemies because you belong to Him? We find that the Lord led the children of Israel in the way that they should go (Numbers 9v18-23) and as the Ark of the Lord set out, Moses would say “Rise up, Lord; let Your enemies be scattered; and let those who hate You flee before You….” (Numbers 10v35). Basically, the enemies of the Israelites became God’s enemies. Psalm 100v3 (KJV) says “Know ye that the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.” What does a shepherd do to predators that attack his sheep? He fights against them in a bid to protect his sheep. I love what David said when he faced Goliath:

Supplementary Text
“Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine hand from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give you into our hands.” 1 Samuel 17v45-47 (KJV).

Prayer
Father, I thank You because I am Your child and I belong to You, bought by the precious blood of Jesus. I pray arise O Lord and let Your enemies be scattered in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts