You are not forgotten!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Our God is incredibly faithful and awesome, such a great and marvelous God.

Primary Text
“Yet they say, “My Lord deserted us; He has forgotten us.” “Never! Can a mother forget her little child and not have love for her own son? Yet even if that should be, I will not forget you.” Isaiah 49v14-15 (TLB)

To forget means “to cease or fail to remember; be unable to recall; to omit or neglect unintentionally; to fail to think of; take no note of; leave unnoticed” (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forget?s=t). Sometimes as believers, we might begin to feel that God is not taking note of us, or is not thinking of us or that things are passing us by. We look around and are tempted to compare ourselves to others who have things that we want. But I am here to encourage you that God has not forgotten you! If you look at your life, at where you are coming from and where you are now, you will find that you have every cause to thank God. The fact that you are even still in the faith, have a roof over your head, your organs are still functioning attests to the fact that you are loved. God has not forgotten you. He cares for you!

Supplementary Text
“Have His mercy and loving-kindness ceased forever? Have His promises ended for all time? Has God [deliberately] abandoned or forgotten His graciousness? Has He in anger shut up His compassion? Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! And I say, This [apparent desertion of Israel by God] is my appointed lot and trial, but I will recall the years of the right hand of the Most High [in loving-kindness extended toward us], for this is my grief, that the right hand of the Most High changes. I will [earnestly] recall the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will [earnestly] remember the wonders [You performed for our fathers] of old. I will meditate also upon all Your works and consider all Your [mighty] deeds.” Psalm 77v8-12 (AMP)

Prayer
Let us look over our lives and begin to thank God for all He has done.

Comments

Popular Posts