My Shield


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, …” Psalm 18v2 (AMP)

God is our Shield – a strong, mighty, impenetrable rock of defense. Psalm 3v1-3 (KJV) says “Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory and the lifter up of mine head.” It doesn’t matter what trouble or situation we might find ourselves, God is our shield. He can protect your spirit, mind, emotions, will, body, life, destiny, family, friends and all that pertains to you. 2 Samuel 22v3 (GNT) says “My God is my protection, and with Him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; He defends me and keeps me safe. He is my savior; He protects me and saves me from violence.” He shields us from the enemy, He shields us with His favour and His love, Psalm 5v12 (KJV) saying “For Thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt Thou compass him as with a shield.” The Good News Translation (GNT) says “You bless those who obey You, LORD; Your love protects them like a shield.” Hallelujah. Romans 8v37 (AMP) highlights that “Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.” We can say that one reason we are more than conquerors is that God is our shield; not only those He fight for us in the battles, but He shields us in the midst of it. Our God is trustworthy! Beloved, God is your shield.  Reaffirm to Him that He is your shield.

Supplementary Text
“Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy gentleness hath made me great.” 2 Samuel 22v36 (KJV)

Prayer
Our Father and our God, we thank You for being our shield. We commit our lives, times, destiny, family and loved ones into Your hands, please shield us, be our glory and the lifter up of our heads, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts