My Rock


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God because He is our Rock!

Primary Text
The Lord is my rock, …” Psalm 18v2 (KJV)

A popular song goes – You’re the solid rock on which I stand… Our God is our Rock – immoveable, dependable and strong. 1 Samuel 2v2 says “There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.” There is an expression that says, you’re (such) a rock; a phrase which reflects someone who is reliable, can be counted on, is supportive. But there is no rock like our God. 2 Samuel 22v32 (KJV) saying: “For who is God, save the Lord, and who is a rock, save our God?” Our God is also called the Rock of Israel, and the Rock of ages. God our Rock keeps us way above trouble. Psalm 27v5 (KJV) tells us “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock.” In the time of trouble, we can call unto Him and He hears us. God is our Helper. The Psalmist realized the importance of God being his rock, and his downfall without Him. He declared: “Unto Thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.” (Psalm 28v1, KJV).

Supplementary Text
“The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.” (2 Samuel 22v47, KJV)

Prayer
Our Lord and our God, we thank You because You are our Rock, our Shield, our Defense, our Strong Tower. We cry unto You for help and You deliver us. Thank You for being so dependable. Thank You for being our Rock. Jesus we thank You, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts