Rejoice (4)


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. Philippians 4v4 (AMPC) says “Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!” The Message Bible puts it this way “Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in Him!” 1 Thessalonians 5v16 (KJV) “Rejoice evermore”. Child of God, over and over God encourages us to rejoice, to rejoice in Him, to rejoice all the time; to be cheerful, no matter what. There is always cause to rejoice. We have a future, a hope and an expected end (Jeremiah 29v11). God has poured out so much love upon us that He has made us and called us His very own children (1 John3v1). We indeed have every cause to rejoice.

Yes, there may be situations and circumstances that would arise that would want to bring you down. But the same way God tells us to not fear, is the same way He tells us to rejoice in Him. See below how the Psalmist in Psalm 3 rejoices in God amid his troubles. He acknowledges the situation, but more importantly, He hands it over to God, knowing who God is and what He can do for Him. Beloved, don’t worry, take every little thing to God, for He cares for you (1 Peter 5v7). He can bring a solution to every difficulty and give you peace and joy.
  
Psalm 3
“LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD and He answers me from His holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side. Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people” Psalm 3v1-8 (NIV).

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your love for us. We love You and we rejoice in You and celebrate You. We ask for the grace to always rejoice knowing all is well and You are in control. Blessed be Your name forevermore, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts