Rejoice (3)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Psalm 40v16 (King James Version) says “Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: ….” The Bible is here telling us that for those who seek the Lord – who look for, follow after, require the Lord, - we should rejoice and be glad in Him. Psalm 68v3-4 (KJV) also says “But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. Sing unto God, sing praises to His name: extol Him that rideth upon the heavens by His name JAH, and rejoice before Him.”

One may wonder, why did God tell those who seek Him to rejoice? Well, the opposite would be for them to be sad, and mournful before Him isn’t it? But even the Psalmist writes So then, my soul, why would you be depressed? Why would you sink into despair? Just keep hoping and waiting on God, your Savior. For no matter what, I will still sing with praise, for living before His face is my saving grace” (Psalm 42v5, TPT). If we say, perhaps the trial is too large, we are told to count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations (James 1v2); Jesus telling us that These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16v33). Yes, there are times when we go through tough and sad situations, but the fruit of the Spirit is joy. We have a living hope, and we know it shall be well with us, for we shall eat of the fruit of our doings (Isaiah 3v10). Let all those that seek and require You rejoice and be glad in You … (Psalm 40v16, Amplified Version)

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You so much for today. I praise You, I exalt You, I lift You up high. You are worthy, You are faithful, merciful and true. You are my Father and my God, and I rejoice and I am glad in You. You never fail, You never change, You remain the same – merciful, loving, true, marvellous, awesome, wonderful. Hallowed be Your Holy name now and forevermore in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts