Add Knowledge


Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue our study on things that we as Christians are encouraged to develop, that we might be productive, efficient, fruitful, and useful. 2 Peter 1v5 (AMPC) says “For this very reason, adding your diligence [to the divine promises], employ every effort in exercising your faith to develop virtue (excellence, resolution, Christian energy), and in [exercising] virtue [develop] knowledge (intelligence),”. To our faith, we are told to employ every diligence to add virtue, and then knowledge. It is important that we have knowledge, and good knowledge of God. Proverbs 19v2 (KJV) says “Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good: and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.” Hosea 4v6 (KJV) also says “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to Me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

How are you dealing with the knowledge of God? Do you really know Him? Are you seeking to know Him more or you casual about God? Hosea 6v6 (AMPC) tells us that “For I desire and delight in dutiful steadfast love and goodness, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of and acquaintance with God more than burnt offerings.” Indeed John 17v3 (AMPC) says “And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.” Hallelujah. Do you know God? Do you know Jesus? If you do, fantastic.

But if you do not, I invite you to do so and to accept the Lord Jesus as Your Lord and Savior. This means acknowledging that you are sinner who has been doing things in ways that do not please God, but believing that He sent Jesus to die for those sins, and that you are willing to live a life that glorifies God. This He will help you to do. If you would like that, if you desire eternal life, you can say this prayer:

Heavenly Father. I thank You for today. I come to You today acknowledging that I am a sinner, that I have not been living my life to please You or in a manner that pleases You. I ask You to forgive me and wash me clean by the blood of Jesus. I believe that Jesus is Your Son and He wasn’t sent to condemn me, but that through Him I might have everlasting life. I accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You for hearing me and answering me, in Jesus name, amen. 

Beloved, if you said that prayer, know that there is great jubilation in heaven because of you. Praise the Lord. If you don’t have a Bible, do get one and start reading it. There are also loads of online resources e.g. https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/ and www.biblegateway.com. Also, please find and join a bible believing church, and feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have. God bless you. 

Comments

Popular Posts