Access to our Father

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God, even our Father, …” 2 Thessalonians 2v16 (KJV)

Imagine if we knew God as God but He did not decide to adopt us into His family as children. It would be a very difficult type of relationship that one would have with God if He was not our Father and we were not His children. But the fact is that God is our Father; something which our Lord Jesus pointed out – “Jesus said to her, Do not cling to Me [do not hold Me], for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My brethren and tell them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God” (John 20v17, AMP). And this relationship has different implications. For one it gives a more welcoming perspective to prayer. Jesus, our brother, told us to pray to the Father – “And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full…. At that day ye shall ask in My name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.” (John 16v23-24, 26-27 KJV). Here Jesus is saying because of Jesus we have access to the Father. Pray to Him. Go to Him. He really does love You and wants to bless you.

Supplementary Text
“Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you. For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, [the door] will be opened. Or what man is there of you, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent? If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father Who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give good and advantageous things to those who keep on asking Him!” Matthew 7v7-11 (AMP)

Prayer
Father I thank You. Perfect Father I honour You. What a good Father You are. Thank You because You want to give us good and advantageous things. Thank You. Father, I pray for a deeper revelation of God as my Father in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts