An ever-present Helper

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting comfort and hope, which we don’t deserve,” 2 Thessalonians 2v16 (TLB)

I told someone today that when I have a lot of work to do, what helps is to ask God for grace, strength, help and wisdom; wisdom to know what to do and when to do it. And He helps. One way or the other, the work gets done and all is well. In both the littlest things and the biggest things, God is our Helper. Psalm 46v1 (AMP) says “God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.” Hallelujah. And one way in which God helps His children is through the Holy Spirit who is ever-present with us. Hallleeeeeeleujah! I am pretty excited about this because if you are ever wondering – how shall this thing be – just as Mary the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ wondered about the virgin birth, the answer is by the power and the Spirit of God. Luke 1v34-35 (AMP) says “And Mary said to the angel, How can this be, since I have no [intimacy with any man as a [husband? Then the angel said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you [like a shining cloud]; and so the holy (pure, sinless) Thing (Offspring) which shall be born of you will be called the Son of God.” Are you wondering how can I live a victorious Christian life? How can I do greater works than the Lord Jesus did which He said we would do? How can I fulfil destiny? The answer is the Holy Spirit. Jesus told His disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they received the promise of the Spirit (Luke 24v49). Jesus Himself carried out active ministry by the power and the Spirit of God (Acts 10v38). Zechariah 4v6 (KJV) says “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

Supplementary Text
“How God anointed and consecrated Jesus of Nazareth with the [Holy] Spirit and with strength and ability and power; how He went about doing good and, in particular, curing all who were harassed and oppressed by [the power of] the devil, for God was with Him.” Acts 10v38 (AMP)

Prayer

Father, I thank You for Your Holy Spirit. I pray that You would anoint and consecrate me with the Holy Spirit and with strength and ability and power; helping me to be all that You would want me to be in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts