Comfort and Strength

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, Who loved us and gave us everlasting consolation and encouragement and well-founded hope through [His] grace (unmerited favor), Comfort and encourage your hearts …” 2 Thessalonians 2v16-17

As believers, we are often in need of comfort; comfort that might sometimes exceed that which any human being might be able to give. But we thank God because He is a God of comfort, and He has given us the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit to be with us. There are different situations in which one might need comfort, for example in times of trials and tribulations. It might be that you are waiting on the Lord for something that seems long in coming (like Abraham and Sarah), or you are going through a particularly challenging time (like Joseph, Daniel, and David). Whatever it is, I pray that our God would comfort and encourage your heart and would help you to be a source of encouragement in Jesus name, amen.  2 Corinthians 1v3-4 (AMP) tells us that “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement), Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.” Beyond that which any human can understand, God understands… and He is a good God. Rest on Him, rely on Him, call on Him!  

Supplementary Text
“In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.” Psalm 138v3 (AMP)

Prayer

Father, the God of all comfort, I thank You. I honour You. I glorify Your holy name. I pray that You would strengthen me with might by Your Spirit in the inner man. I pray You will comfort me and harden me to affliction. Lord, make me strong, and steadfast in the face of temptations and trials. Keep me in You forever. Be my source of comfort forever and use me as an instrument of comfort in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts